Wednesday, May 6, 2009

5 Things You Didn't Know About Chris Pine

*thanks to http://www.people.com/*

Chris Pine's career is poised to take off at warp speed as he assumes the iconic role of Capt. James T. Kirk in the re-launch of Star Trek. Pine, 29, filed a captain's log with PEOPLE, revealing five things you may not know about the Enterprise's rising star:
His father, actor Robert Pine, played Sgt. Getraer – Erik Estrada's boss on CHiPs: "I learned that life is not always wine and roses. As a working actor, there are the fouler times. Then there are those times that are really great. It's just a matter of keeping a head on your shoulders, keeping a sense of humor, and looking ahead."
He discovered hooking up with green alien girls isn't as sexy as it may seem: "That poor girl, Rachel Nichols, was in the makeup chair for two hours getting painted, so there was a lot of green paint on my nose after many a take. It wasn't as fun as it looked. It was a long day and, yes, the makeup proved to kill any buzz that I might have gotten otherwise."
His grandmother is a big William Shatner fan: "She watched T.J. Hooker every time she babysat me. Inevitably there would be some old rerun of Star Trek, but I was not a fan by any means – just via my grandmother by proxy. I was more of a Star Wars kid." Dad recently worked with the original Captain Kirk. "He actually did a Priceline commercial with him. Shatner was a chauffer and my dad was the rich guy in the back."
He met Shatner for the first time at his charity horse show on April 25: "I did not want to make it about any kind of big meeting between the two Kirks. I wanted to support him and shake hands with him finally. I hope to get a chance to really sit down with him sometime, one-on-one. It would be a lot of fun ... In my mind, Capt. Kirk will always be William Shatner, and William Shatner will always be Capt. Kirk."
He learned stuntmen have a way of dealing with actors who miss their marks: "On my first day of shooting I ended up breaking a stunt guy's nose on the second take. A word of caution to any young actor out there: Do NOT hurt stuntmen because they will pay you back in kind. The next take after that, this big stunt guy kicked me in the stomach. He said it wasn't on purpose, but I don't know."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20276830,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

Ice Bear approves of Chris Pine.

No comments:

Post a Comment