Monday, August 31, 2009
Okay, here we go.
Striding down the hall.
You want to...
Walk with me?
Lost in deep eyes,
Stomach in knots,
heart picks up.
Locker slams shut.
Looking up, smiling.
make it last.
Quick peek at his face,
Back to reality.
Walking up to the lockers.
Tap on the shoulder.
Where you going next?
Walk with me?
I'll be there.
Gather my books.
Looking over heads.
Nowhere to be found.
I walk alone,
more upset than anything.
Later, I see you.
You left me alone.
You left me. Alone.
My class was too far away, it made no sense.
Couldn't have told me?
I'm not speaking to you.
I bet you will.
Yeah, I will.
You said if I was going that way... I went the opposite way, so I figured...
No, it's okay. You don't have to apologize to me. :)
Ta-da! XD Just to clear it up, he thought I meant only if we were walking the same way. We weren't, and I misunderstood. :) Hope you liked it!
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Saturday, August 29, 2009
She approached the receptionist and asked for a room for the night.
"Certainly madam," he replied courteously.
"Is the restaurant open still?" inquired Mary.
"Sorry, no," came the reply, "but room service is available all night. Would you care to select something from this menu?"
Mary smiled and took the menu and perused it. "Hmm, I would like cauliflower cheese please," said Mary.
"Certainly, madam," he replied.
"And can I have breakfast in bed?" asked Mary politely.
The receptionist nodded and smiled.
"In that case, I would love a couple of poached eggs, please," Mary mused.
After confirming the order, Mary signed in and went up to her room for the night. The night passed uneventfully and the next morning Mary came down early to check out.
The same guy was still on the desk. "Morning madam...sleep well?"
"Yes, thank you," Mary replied.
"Food to your liking?"
"Well, I have to say the cauliflower cheese was exceptional, I don't think I have had better. Shame about the eggs, though....they really weren't that nice at all," replied Mary truthfully.
"Oh...well, perhaps you could contribute these thoughts to our Guest Comments Book. We are always looking to improve our service and would value your opinion," said the receptionist.
"OK, I will...thanks!" replied Mary....who checked out, then scribbled a comment into the book. Waving, she left to continue her journey.
Curious, the receptionist picked up the book to see the comment Mary had written.
It's a bit long, but LOL what a CHEESY joke! Reminds me of the strip with Super Kal is fragilistic 'cept for Halitosis. "Wordplay!"
Friday, August 28, 2009
Thursday, August 27, 2009
1. What has been your biggest pleasant surprise of the last three months?
Public Enemies. It looked interesting enough, and Johnny Depp certainly sweetened the pot, but it was 100x better than I thought it was going to be!
2. What has been the rudest surprise of the last three months?
Rudest as in worst? I don't know. There hasn't been any bad surprises recently.
3. What are you most looking forward to between now and New Year's?
4. What are you dreading most between now and New Year's?
No life. Ahhh!
5. If, at this moment, you could only watch television between now and December 31, or you could only see movies between now and December 31, which would you choose if you knew you couldn't go back later and catch up on what you missed?
Television because I could see the movies on DVD or on TV, and there is enough on television to keep me occupied until then.
6. If you could press one book you have read this year into the hands of ten strangers when they were trapped during a blackout with nothing to do but read, what would you give them?
7. What are you currently trying to like and finding it difficult to like?
Going to bed early and waking up early.
8. If you could guarantee that five people -- actors, writers, directors, whoever -- would have their calendars filled with funded projects for the next five years, to whom would you grant full employment?
Johnny Depp, Jackson Rathbone, Tim Burton, Heath Ledger, and Zachary Quinto.
9. What do you love in spite of being outside the target demographic?
Superheros. They're made for boys and geeky adult men, but I love it.
10. If you could personally wave your wand and stop one trend -- toy movies, remakes, crime procedural -- what would be your target?
Just because I don't like something doesn't mean everyone else doesn't like it, so I wouldn't get rid of anything.
1. Who was your FIRST date?
My first date was Andrew... I believe it was a Halloween dance, but I went with friends and met him there... if that doesn't count, we went to the drive-in and saw Kung-Fu Panda (I think). LOL We're not together any more...
2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love?
I have really, really liked people, but since I don't know what to expect of love, I don't know, so I don't know if I still talk to my first 'love'. I still talk to the people I used to really, really like or still really, really like. P.S. I am trying to answer these HONESTLY, Dad and Cracked Like An Egg, so you better not bug me!!!!!!!!!
3. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink?
Never drank before.
4. What was your FIRST job?
Never had a real job, unless you count chores or working outside.
5. What was your FIRST car?
6. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane?
7. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk?
My first best friend, if family doesn't count, I met in preschool and we do still talk.
8. Whose wedding did you attend the FIRST time?
If you count while your mum is pregnant with you, my mum and dad's. If you don't, then my Uncle Jeff and Aunt Missy's wedding when I was a one-year-old flowergirl. Still have the basket full of dead rose petals and a little white flowergirl dress.
9. Tell us about your FIRST roommate.
Apparently my first roommate was technically my brother.
10. If you had one wish, what would it be (other than more wishes)?
The ability to control time and teleport. I have often thought about this question... I wouldn't screw anything up in time, just poke around. Teleportation would be sweet, I could freeze time and teleport to Johnny Depp! Telekinesis would be awesome, too. I would wish I had every single superpower, and nothing would go wrong with my superpowers (you know how these wishes always backfire somehow)!
11. What is something you would learn if you had the chance?
I would learn how to make people happy. Happier people makes a happy world.
12. Did you marry the FIRST person you were in love with?
Too young to be married.
13. What were the first lessons you ever took and why?
Gymnastics because I loved jumping around and stuff like that. I rocked the catbox.
14. What is the first thing you do when you get home?
Take off my shoes and sit down somewhere. Or pee. Whichever.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
So, first, Silence.
Well, that was quick!
And now, Guacamole. Arghhh...
To be honest, I seriously contemplated putting 'Sarah Palin' after 'Dip' and going, "Oh no! That's too many!" LOL But I wanted to finish it... Happy TT (Brian LOL) all! XD
P.S. Check out my mum's first TT post - Ravyn's World! Congrats, Mum!
Monday, August 24, 2009
Sometimes, asking someone to quit something rude is justified, but sometimes, it's not, you know? If someone is being really rude, you can ask them to quit it. But if it's a little thing, like chewing with your mouth open, don't bug them. Nobody's perfect, we all have our little things. How would you feel, restaurant lady, if Ralph jumped all over you because of one of your quirks? Yeah, not so snarky now, are we? Ice Bear judges you.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
What food makes you sick? Yuck. Tomatoes.
What is a food habit that you can't stand? I really don't have problems with food habits... everyone has their own little quirks.
What food habit did your sister/brother used to have growing up that you couldn't stand? I can't think of any, really. My siblings eat like normal people. Well, sometimes my older brother puts weird stuff on weird food, but to each their own. He has a different taste than I do. XD
What food cracks you up? I don't think any food has ever made me laugh... unless it's, like, made into something funny, like a statue of something funny or something. Ahh my grammar is so pathetic.
What vegetable couldn't you live without? Yuck I can't think of any veggies I like right now.
Food gadgets you remember as a child? I know they still have them, but I remember the can-opener most for some reason.
Food that was hidden, then discovered on the top shelf of your room? You want the list?
Without mentioning robots, how do you think cooking in the future will be better? I agree with Cal - "Star Trek brand replicators that will let you eat anything with all the taste and nutrition but none of the calories."
What is an annoying thing that bothers you about women and food? Not answering that.
Food you once projectile vomited after being wasted? I've never been wasted, I'm 13! LOL XD
From Cal - What would be your last meal? Pierogies, Shells and Velveeta cheese, hmm... Two KFC drumsticks, smile fries, cookie dough, crispy bacon, a chicken strip basket from Dairy Queen, three bisquits, a basket of rolls and butter, a few Olive Garden breadsticks, and a southern chicken sandwich with mayo (from Mickey D's), then I would probably be full. I'd put whipped cream on everything, though, and dessert would be fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt (like the kind at this buffet place I like) with whipped cream, of course, with chocolate sauce, rainbow sprinkles and white chocolate chips. Oh, and a Reeses Whipps bar. I would have hot chocolate with whipped cream, a glass of water, and a dozen bottles of a dozen different sodas I like, and a glass of normal milk, chocolate milk, and strawberry milk. Plus, all my family and friends would be there with me. Oh, if it wasn't my last meal, that would be so AWESOME! I'm sure there is other stuff I'd like, but I can't think of it right now. Oh, now I'm hungry. XD
From Wandering Coyote - What is your funniest family food memory? Can't think of one right now.
My question is - What food do you love that is from another country? Pierogies!!!!!
So here's the Sports Illustrated cover:
And the People cover:
It is IMPOSSIBLE to find the Reader's Digest cover from December of 1995, so help would be very much appreciated! :)
Saturday, August 22, 2009
(sorry to whoever I stole the first picture from, I don't remember where I got it. XD)
Anyone remember reading it? I was born that Thursday, December 21st. You might be thinking to yourselves, "Why does that date seem so familiar?" You might remember it as: A. Jackson Rathbone's 11th birthday, or B. The day that you felt a wave of awesomeness roll over the Earth at precisely 3:10 PM. Yeah, that was me.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
I had absolutely NO clue what I should do for shadow when my dad suggested on Tuesday (which was yesterday for me... I'm writing this Wednesday the 19th) that I write about 'Dark Shadows', which is the gothic soap opera thingy from the sixties that Tim Burton will be reviving to do a movie with Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins. I don't know much about it... but if you know anything, feel free to let me know!
I have received the 'Honest Scrap Award' from Wings! Yay! Here are my award-winningly duties (hehe... duties):
- Link back to the site where you were awarded.
- Pass the award on to 10 other blogger sites.
- Post 10 honest things about yourself.
Step One: WingsStep Two:
- Cracked Like An Egg
- Brian Miller
- Lisa Mynx (even if she doesn't do it)
- J A Harnett-Hargrove
- I think sand is messy. It clings to everything and I have no patience for it.
- I go completely psycho if I can't move my arms. DO NOT BURY ME IN THE SAND! XD
- I talk in my sleep.
- I can't decide on a favorite color.
- I really do love romance stuff.
- I like dressing up. XD
- My favorite number is 4. Or 13. Or... I can't decide.
- The screensaver on my phone is Jasper from New Moon.
- I am no good at soccer, even though I played two seasons.
- I want to act when I grow up.
Monday, August 17, 2009
1. I have two Sweeney Todd posters on my ceiling.
2. I'm watching Family Guy right now.
3. I love my family and friends uber-much (maybe that's obvious... XD)
4. I'm perfectly content.
5. The color of the chair I am sitting in is black.
6. I can't see Russia from my house.
7. I used to carry a stuffed cat everywhere named Meow Meow... it's head fell off a bunch of times...
It's my 100th Post! Well, my 111th (which is still cause for celebration... it's like triple snake eyes, a triple threat) if you count my You Know What I Think? blog. Heyy, if you think I should do that blog, too, speak up, but you'll have to give me some ideas! Anyways, my mum said to do 100 of something, so I'll do you one better! I'll give you all 111 of my posts! Sorry if you find it boring... Didn't have many ideas, and didn't want to do anything deep, so... Plus, if you read all the way through, there's a fun 111/100 themed picture at the bottom! Enjoy!
- About Blogs?
- About The Easter Bunny?
- About The Movie "Monsters vs. Aliens"?
- About Suspenders?
- About Milk?
- About Heath Ledger?
- About The Show, "The Big Bang Theory"?
- About The Movie, "The Brothers Grimm"?
- About The Show, "American Idol"?
- About Adam Lambert?
- About Octopi?
- Thanks, Cal!
- PH'NGUI MGLW'NAFH CTHULHU R'LYEH MAGH'NAGL FHTAGN
- Cute Animals Being Cute
- Ninja President
- Stain Boy
- Team H
- Team H
- May The Fourth Be With You!
- Now, Because Of Your Stupidity, An Innocent Shoe Must Die!
- You Gotta Be Kitten Me!
- Just To Make You Angry At Mother Nature
- Wolverine With A Mutated Head
- Did You See That?!
- Katy Perry and... Kitty Purry.
- Ice Bear Judges You by CrazyFLDJM
- One Of Them
- Paper Wolverine
- No, Canada, Don't Do It!
- President of The World - Ice Bear
- Omigosh, This CANNOT Be Good... So, Where Can I Get A Pair?!
- What Did They Do To Ice Bear?!
- Hugh Jackan Meets Ronaldo
- Oh, I'm Afraid Of This Llama.
- Cthulu KEEPS COMING BACK!
- Tom Servo
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Chris Pine
- Happy Birthday to "The Host"!
- 2 Star Trek Links
- I Have An Active Imagination
- Lady GaGa Compares The Jonas Brothers and The Beatles
- Top 10 Record Setting Programs on American TV
- My "Exhausted Beast"
- Ice Bear - The Early Years
- Geek Arguments
- Amalgam Comics
- We Are Being Overrun By Oompa-Loompas! Save me, Wonka! (Depp Wonka, not Wilder Wonka... Depp Wonka is much hotter, and much crazier... :D)
- Remember the Star Trek Failure Generator?
- Don't Feel Like Blogging, Sorry.
- I SAW WOLVERINE! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY!
- Motivational Posters
- Theme Thursday - (Wh)oops!
- Theme Thursday - Vacation
- Theme Thursday - Suitcases
- Pictures I Saved
- Top 5 Places I Want To Visit
- My YouTube Account + Opinions Needed! (UNBIASED Opinions)
- Happy Birthday, Cal!
- Happy Birthday, Zachary Quinto!
- Made My Day
- Dawn's Light
- Theme Thursday - Clocks
- Photo Collection
- Theme Thursday - Roof
- Theme Thursday - Summer
- Photo Collection
- Chuck Norris and Evil Donuts
- My Favorite Actors
- My Favorite Actresses!
- OMJ I HAZ A UBER AMAZING BLOGGGA! Boom shacka lacka!
- How Could I Forget You, Lee?
- Theme Thursday - Funky!
- Thanks So Much!
- Two Videos I Have Watched Alot Recently
- Happy Fourth of July!
- I SAW PUBLIC ENEMIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Theme Thursday - Ghost! Eep!
- 100 Monkeys
- Theme Thursday - Stage!
- Theme Thursday
- Stain Glass Octopus
- Slow Down, Cal!
- You Hear That? I'm a Great Read!!!!
- Rachelle Lefevre
- Because I Felt Like It
- YOU ARE SOOOOOOO WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Theme Thursday - Buttons
- The Heath Shirt I Made
- It's Okay, Canada!
- Lord Voldekitty
- The Lazer Collection
- An Octopus and His Pet Boy
- Happy Birthday, Barack Obama!
- My Current Faves/New Blog (if you count my other blog, this is my REAL 100th post!)
- Monroe Jackson Rathbone
- Theme Thursday - Kiss *MWAH*
- Computer Obituary
- Two Amazing Calendar Images
- Outtakes and Extras (SPOILER ALERT! DO NOT GO TO LINKS IF YOU HAVE NOT READ 'TWILIGHT' OR 'NEW MOON'!!!!)
- Theme Thursday - Festival
- All About Moi (thanks to Cal)
- I SAW HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- A Few Superly-Duperly AWESOME Trailers!
- My 100th Post (Well, 111th, Sort Of)
Hope ya'll liked it! I spent two nights ago, some time yesterday, and some time today working on it (that's why the numbers are closer together in the middle-ish... I couldnt fix it!)! Now, here's the picture with 100 in the title:
(I Googled 111 and this looked cool)
Friday, August 14, 2009
Now you TOO can be the most interesting person you know. Copy and answer these on your own blog. I know I will be reading them.
1. First thing you wash in the shower? My hair.
2. What color is your favorite hoodie? Black and grey stripes, from my dad.
3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again? It was my mom on the cheek, so I suppose I would kiss her on the cheek again.
4. Do you plan outfits? Oh yes I do, I'm wearing the outfit I want to wear on the first day of school right now for opinions... Any opinions? It's posted at the bottom.
5. How are you feeling RIGHT now? Happy, because my dad will be home soon!!!!!
6. What's the closest thing to you that's red? My brother's rubber red wristband that says, "Stay Strong Danny" for a kid at my school.
7. Tell me about the last dream you remember having? An alien-demon thing has me have it's spherical baby and we became friends after I hoisted it's baby through a window.
8. Did you meet anybody new today? The mailman said "You're welcome" when I said "Thanks", and I've never seen him before, so yeah.
9. What are you craving right now? Dairy Queen chicken. What's so different about that chicken? Doesn't really matter... it's just sooo good!
10. Do you floss? Not really... but I do brush!
11. What comes to mind when I say cabbage? On a Spongebob episode I saw today, Patrick refers to money as "cabbage", and I thought of that.
12. Are you emotional? I'm a 13-year-old girl. Does that answer your question?
13. Have you ever counted to 1,000? Ehh I'm not that patient. XD
14. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it? Usually I just lick it because when I bite it I get that weird feeling because my teeth get all cold and stuff, but sometimes I'll bite it.
15. Do you like your hair? Oh, I adore it, darlin'! You know what I'd like to do, though, is dye blue streaks in it... Oh yeah!!!!
16. Do you like yourself? Oh, I do like myself! I'm my favorite person sitting in the computer chair!
17. Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush? I suppose so. I don't pay that much attention to politics, so I don't know what he did wrong. I do know that Cal and many others do not care for him, though, which makes me wonder what he did?
18.What are you listening to right now? Well, not the voices in my head, because they're usually wrong. That was a joke. Ha. But I'm listening to the annoying clacking of my keyboard, the subtler clacking of my mum's keyboard, Everybody Loves Raymond on the TV (tbs), my thoughts, and I have the song Honkey Tonk Porcupine by 100 Monkeys stuck in my head.
19. Are your parents strict? Not at all, actually.
20. Would you go sky diving? If someone offered right now, I'd go without a second thought. Well, yeah, there'd be a few more thoughts. The first thought would "Yeah!", then "Why are they offering?", "Oh well!", "Don't I need a parachute?" "Oh well!" "Wheeeeeeee!"
21. Do you like cottage cheese? Yuck. No.
23. Do you rent movies often? This entire family is subscribed to Netflix.
24. Is there anything sparkly in the room you’re in? Unfortunately, Jasper is not in here with the sunlight on him, so no. My mum said my eyes are sparkly and the sun on the window is sparkly when I asked if anything was sparkly in here, so I guess there is. XD
25. How many countries have you visited? None, since living somewhere doesn't count as a visit and I've never left the USA.
26. Have you made a prank phone call? I don't think so, but a while ago (we're talking, like, 5 years here), I'd dial a wrong number to see who would answer. XD
27. Ever been on a train? NoPe, unfortunately. It sounds like fun. XD
28. Brown or white eggs? Didn't know there was a difference, but my mum said we buy brown.
29. Do you have a cellphone? I do, I do! I will be getting a new one on September 1st, and I am excited, though I will miss Blooooooopers, my current phone.
30. Do you use chap stick? On my LIPS (Cal) when necessary
There was no #31 either?
32. Can you use chop sticks? Without looking stupid? No.
33. Who are you going to be with tonight? My brother and I will be staying up all night in two seperate rooms, and my parents will be upstairs.
34. Are you too forgiving? Probably.
35. Ever been in love? Of course!
36. What is (are) your best friend(s) doing tomorrow? Hmm... I don't know, but something interesting, probably.
37. Ever have cream puffs? I had to ask what they were (pastries, I was told) and if I ever had any. I was told, "Probably."
38. Last time you cried? A couple nights ago. When I'm tired, I think too much and I feel bad about anything I've ever done wrong, and I was exhausted. XD
39. What was the last question you were asked? Is that your Dad?
40. Favorite time of the year? Anytime I'm with mah peeps!
41. Do you have any tattoos? NoPe, but I plan on it someday.
42. Are you sarcastic? No, really?
43. Have you ever seen The Butterfly Effect? No, is it good?
44. Ever walked into a wall? Yes, I'm a regular klutz. XD
45. Favorite color? The deep, pure blue of a sunny, cloudless day, or the vibrant green of a new leaf on a baby tree. In other words, blue and neon green. XD
46. Have you ever slapped someone? My brother... I apologized! I fake-slap alot, though, but I never hurt anyone. :)
47. Is your hair curly? Not really, but it's a little wavy. My mum's hair is curly.
48. What was the last CD you bought? Monster De Lux by 100 Monkeys, though I want to buy a CD called Creative Control for $10.
49. Do looks matter? Like Cal said, "Being unique and interesting is far far more important." But looks matter in the way that I like the way I look.
50. Could you ever forgive a cheater? Depends on what they cheated at... No, probably wouldn't matter what they cheated at, I would forgive them.
51. Is your phone bill sky high? I don't see the phone bill... XD
52. Do you like your life right now? I LOVE my life!
53. Do you sleep with the TV on? I fall asleep with it on, but I usually remember to set the timer so it will turn off when I'm asleep.
54. Can you handle the truth? I'm very good at handling truths.
55. Do you have good vision? I have glasses, but I think I'm improving. :D
56. Do you hate or dislike more than 3 people? I don't even think I hate or dislike 1 person!
57. How often do you talk on the phone? Very often.
58. The last person you held hands with? Shane. Don't want to talk about it.
59. What are you wearing? Blue, white, and black hightops (sp?); rainbow knee socks; neon green leggings; a knee-length orangish-pinkish and white striped dress, a black tee with colorful polka dots, hearts, and words all over the front, a neon green scarf, a giant barrette, a blue ponytail holder, my neon-green-and-black glasses, my heart on my sleeve, and an air of awesomeness.
60.What is your favorite animal? How could I choose?
61. Where was your default picture taken at? I don't know, it's Wolverine. But my Twitter and Facebook pictures were taken in Baltimore!
62. Can you hula hoop? For a little bit.
63. Do you have a job? I'm a student, if it counts.
64. What was the most recent thing you bought? I pre-ordered The Twilight Saga: The Official Guide by Stephenie Meyer and New Moon: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion (Twilight Saga) by Mark Cotta Vaz.
65. Have you ever crawled through a window? Once I crawled out a huge window at my friend's house that was a foot off the ground because we wanted to go outside, but didn't want to go to the door and figured the window would be cooler.
66. When was the last time you’ve been to church? My great-uncle's funeral... I don't go to church.
67. What’s your least favorite meal? Like Cal wrote, "I wouldn't eat it if I didn't like the food." I don't eat things I hate very often, and I don't remember my least favorite meal, because even a meal with vegetables has something that tastes good with it.
68. Did you ever steal anything by mistake? Nope, never stole a thing.
69. Have you ever won anything? I win the right to live every day!
Hope you liked it!